OTHM Level-3 Technical Certificate In Occupational Health & Safety
The OTHM Level 3 Technical Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety has been developed to enable learners to gain an understanding of health and safety practices within a working environment.
The course provides an insight into how to manage workplace issues and covers the areas you would encounter in a health and safety role.
The aims of this programme will allow learners to :
- Understand the different roles and responsibilities for health and safety in the working environment
- Be aware of safety and welfare rules in the working environment
- Understand the elements of a health and social policy
- Understand the benefits of safety management systems in organisations
- Be able to review health and safety procedures across an organisation
- Be able to communicate effectively when contributing to the maintenance of a healthy and safe work environment
- Understand the importance of working with others to maintain a healthy and safe workplace.
- Understand the principles of risk assessment
- Understand about risks and control methods for workplace hazards
- Know how to manage the effects of accidents and incidents
- Be able to monitor risks and incident management
The qualification is suitable for those wishing to work in health and safety positions in a variety of sectors and will provide the real-world knowledge and skills that organizations and employer’s demand.
Successful completion of this qualification will also equip learners with the underpinning knowledge and skills required to succeed in further studies.